Level 3 Advanced Spine and Upper Quadrant Dry Needling
This course is designed for those who have attended a Level 1 Introductory Course and a Level 2 – Advanced Spine & Lower Quadrant Course, and are wanting to treat a greater variety of conditions involving the upper quadrant.
DATE: MON JUL 18, 2022
TIME: 7:45am – 4:45pm
VENUE: Vivacious Living Centre
Are you getting great dry needling results and aspire to extend your skills to a greater range of clients?
Aware of your technical limitations and professional responsibility to stay within your scope of practice?
This course is designed for those who have attended a Level 1 Introductory Course and a Level 2 – Advanced Spine & Lower Quadrant Course, and are wanting to treat a greater variety of conditions involving the upper quadrant. With up to 80% of presentations having a musculoskeletal involvement; be they Mums & Dads, weekend warriors, committed athletes or vocational injuries, dry needling is a ‘must have’ skill to assist them to recover.
Course Participation Requirements
- Due to the presumed anatomy knowledge, advanced palpation skills and structure of these courses, our minimal education standard is a degree course or equivalent in an area of the medical sciences (e.g. physiotherapy, osteopathy, myotherapy, chiropractic, medicine, podiatry)
- You are required to provide current registration with your national professional body (not an industry body)
- You are required to have public indemnity insurance as per your professional bodies minimum standard
- For these reasons, graduates of human movements, exercise physiology, nursing, remedial & therapeutic massage are ineligible to apply and AAP Education recommends you seek a course focused on simple dry needling techniques
After completing this course you will;
- Understand why the latest Cochrane reviews emphasise the involvement of dry needling in the treatment of headache, and how to apply this information
- Confidently be able to differentiate through palpation, the anterior and posterior cervical tubercles and needle the scalenes
- Learn techniques to enable safe needling of muscles that arise from the rib cage
- Complete your understanding of shoulder girdle muscle pain pattern referrals
- Integrate cervical trigger points using a facilitated segment paradigm
- Learn referral patterns, clinical tests, home programs for over 30 common clinically presenting muscles
This course is not a ‘technique’ course. You will learn and apply your skills of observation, palpation, surface and 3D depth anatomy, clinical reasoning and exercise progression to appropriately manage clients successfully. Doug brings together all these skills as a specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapist with over 30 years as a practising clinician and researcher.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER YOUR PLACE – CLICK HERE